Asura is a conjunction of two Sanskrit words, A meaning not or against and Sura meaning god. The word Su means good and the word Asu means not-good. With that said we can say that the word Asura means demon or one that is not good or against God.
The natures of Asuras are generally negative or evil. It is said that they are addicted to wrath, pride, boasting and are Belligerent. They are obsessed with force, are violent, always fighting and angry with everyone who are not like them.
Asuras originate from Mount Sumeru. Sumeru is said to be located in the middle of the earth. In Sumeria – Mesopotamia, Iran and Iraq there is a mountain called Sumeru. So it is safe to say that the Asuras originated from this part of the world.
According to the Sanatan Dharma the following are traits of Asuras:
- The meaning of Asura is those who do not follow Sura (Devas) as they follow Sukracharya the demon guru.
- Asuras derive pleasure from killing cows and "sajjana" (good and innocent people). Totally true as we can see in nearly every country Islamic Fundamentalists are killing innocents in name of their religion.
- Asuras will breed fast in the earth – (10-12 per couple), fastest growing population.
- Asuras involve in mundane and physical sexual pleasure - they can have multiple wives.
- Their Guru (Master/Prophet) will be Sukracharya and their worship day will be Shukravar (Friday).
- While normal human beings will grow their hair in the head and shave off facial hairs (moustache and beard), Asura will do the other way around.
- Asuras will be a blind faith cult and will not believe in cosmic truth.
- Asuras ="Vigraha-Bhanjags" - they break murtis (idol form of god) everywhere and will not worship idols.
- Asuras do not believe in education and destroy "Vijnana" (knowledge). They destroy Guru Kula (ancient universities and libraries).
- Asuras consider only far-away waters (land) as place of pilgrimage - a place away from old Indian sub-continent.
- Asuras, as a tribe, will be male chauvinists. They will consider females as just an object of physical happiness.
- Asuras will blindly follow their Guru (Prophet) as final authority. They will not be opened to any ideas or truth.
- Kalki Avatar will happen when; the world will be "aachhadit"(full of) with Asuras. The way Islamic Fundamentalists (Asuras) are breeding it is no surprise that; the world is going to see their majority in some point of time. Then Kalki avatar will happen and destroy Asuras (Islamic Fundamentalists) to get the earth rid of them. According to scriptures,"Lord Kalki will take birth in Sambhal village in the family of Vishnu Yash Sharma. He will worship Savitri and Lord Parshuram, an inhabitant of Mahendra Mountain will be his preceptor. After handing over the kingdom of Mathura to Suryaketu, he will then live in Haridwar (India) with his wife. After combating with faith-cult and Asuras, he will re-establish a true religion in the world." Kalki Purana, I, Verses 11 and 15.
- God had mercy on Adam
- The deliverance of Noah from the flood
- Abraham was saved from Nimrod's fire
- Jacob's blindness was healed after Joseph's shirt was brought to him on this day
- Job was healed from his illness
- The Israelites were saved from the Pharaoh's army
- Jesus was brought up to heaven after attempts by the Romans to capture and crucifying him failed.
The 10th avatar of Vishnu will come down and put an end to the Asuras and begin the Satya Yuga.