47. Thou hast a right to action, but only to action, never to its fruits; let not the fruits of thy works be thy motive, neither let there be in thee any attachment to inactivity.
48. Fixed in Yoga do thy actions, having abandoned attachment, having become equal in failure and success; for it is equality that is meant by Yoga.
Lord Shri Krishna never advised Arjuna for cowardice and indolence. He advised him for righteous karma instead. Without definite purpose, the drive to work goes away. Dharma is the purpose.
As Lord Shri Krishna drescribes the three kind of askesis which should never be renounced but must be performed for purification of Karma(thoughts, speech, deeds).
14. Worship given to the godhead, to the twice-born, to the spiritual guide, to the wise, cleanness, candid dealing, sexual purity and avoidance of killing and injury to others, are called the askesis of the body.
15. Speech causing no trouble to others, true, kind and beneficial, the study of Scripture, are called the askesis of speech.
16. A clear and calm gladness of mind, gentleness, silence, self-control, the purifying of the whole temperament - this is called the askesis of the mind.
17. This threefold askesis, done with a highest enlightened faith, with no desire for fruit, harmonised, is said to be sattwic.
5. Acts of sacrifice, giving and askesis ought not to be renounced at all, but should be performed, for they purify the wise.
6. Even these actions certainly ought to be done, O Partha, leaving aside attachment and fruit.
7. Verily, renunciation of rightly regulated actions is not proper, to renounce them from ignorance is a tamasic renunciation.
8. He who gives up works because they bring sorrow or are a trouble to the flesh, thus doing rajasic renunciation, obtaineth not the fruit of renunciation.
9. He who performs a rightly regulated action, because it has to be done, without any attachment either to the action or to the fruit of the action, that renunciation is regarded as sattwic.
Frodo Baggins : I can't do this Sam.
Sam Gamgee: I know. It's all wrong. By rights we shouldn't even be here. But we are. It's like in the great stories, Mr. Frodo. The ones that really mattered. Full of darkness and danger, they were. And s...ometimes you didn't want to know the end. Because how could the end be happy? How could the world go back to the way it was when so much bad had happened? But in the end, it's only a passing thing, this shadow. Even darkness must pass. A new day will come. And when the sun shines it will shine out the clearer. Those were the stories that stayed with you. That meant something, even if you were too small to understand why. But I think, Mr. Frodo, I do understand. I know now. Folk in those stories had lots of chances of turning back, only they didn't. They kept going. Because they were holding on to something.
Frodo: What are we holding on to Sam?
Sam: That there's some good in this world, Mr. Frodo... and it's worth fighting for.
--- Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers
I am fond of exploring the science of Soul/Primordial Consciousness/ Bramh/ God whatever you call that energy. Coz it leads to immense personal capabilities.
=>Even God didn't considered it suitable to distribute the gift of intelligence to everyone. Because same intelligence in the hands of wise becomes a boon, the same intelligence in the hands of immoral, arrogant being becomes a curse to the humanity. When we attach our success to our ego, we become arrogant. When we attach our success to Lord Almighty, we become humble. Arrogance is the root cause of moral and ethical downfall of human being. Hence direct the credit of success to Lord Almighty and be steadfast in performing your Karma with dedication - there will be no limit to what you can achieve.
=>When you forked off with your ego from the divine consciousness (bramh) with an intention to enjoy kaal-chakra and mrityu-lok on earth. You decided to follow the law of karma(as you sow-so you reap). So you get the fruits for your deeds, but those are petty provocations. If the purpose of your three karma(thoughts, speech, deeds) is aligned through yoga(union of your individual consciousness-atma to divine consciousness-bramh) - you will be purified. You'll be de-programmed from you aham "ego" and will merge to your source - GOD/Primordial Consciousness/Paramatma.
For right here down on earth, the quantum energy you carry in your body should be directed to right purpose - else you're doomed, materially on earth and spiritually as well.
Hence, Right Karma(thoughts, speech, deeds) should never be renounced, but should be performed with utmost devotion.
Quantum physics tells us that everything is made up of microscopic particles Atoms/Electrons/Protons.... which are nothing but small packets of energy called quanta. Our bodies are nothing but collection of these energy packets organized to form a functional structure. Reason why this structure is organized is again some primordial source of energy (we call it Atma/Soul/Bramh), in absence of which body begins to disintigrate. Our thoughts carry energy which carry a profound impact on the surrounding minds. When we come in contact to the Aura of any sage/scientist we start having such impact.
Energy has a capability to materialize itself into matter if concentrated and directed properly(E=mc2). Efficient sages had been able to manifest their thoughts into matter at their wills. The effect - whatever they want - manifests itself into material world. Same is true for ordinary people if they channel their energies properly and with dedication (practice and experience or sankhya and yoga).
-There are various cells in our body. Each takes birth, spends its small life, and dies its natural death. One cell replaced by other. Our body in itself is a combination of small lives, each independent of the other. But all these when put together make an organization which again is working according to the law. It takes birth, spends life, dies.
Now why I said this is because in the same way, humans born in prakriti - Each takes birth with a body, spends his small life, performs his natural functions & dies his natural death. This whole organization has an order which is so complex and redundant for us to understand that we may choose to ignore it. And take birth, spend life, and die our natural death.
Now lets talk about our body. If some cells start damaging the others, the body has immunity built in to defend them. But there are some parasites, which stick to the healthy cells, suck their blood without letting them even a single drop of idea that these viruses are turning them into small zombies- parasites for the entire body.
Gurus/Teachers like regular human beings also take birth spend their lives, perform their duties and return. But they must not renounce their duty for which they are born for. To arrange defense for sick cells. Save the ones who are saved. And conquer Tamas through Rajas & conquer Rajas through Sattwa.